The Restaurant Club Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting therestaurantclub.com (the Website) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Restaurant Club Limited of 3 Shouldham St, London W1H 5FG.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use the Website, subscribe to our service, purchase a membership, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with the Website.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website we may collect technical information such as:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including details of navigated through the Website, the restaurants you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and the methods used to browse away from the page.
We set out below details about the cookies which will be used when you visit the Website, broken down by each of the four categories suggested by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
Strictly Necessary Cookies.
These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
|Cookie Name||Set By||Purpose|
|PHPSESSID The Restaurant Club The Restaurant Club_ws||The Restaurant Club||These cookies are used to keep track of the current user’s session – for example to detect whether a visitor is supposed to be logged in, and for the purposes of keeping track of what items are currently in your basket during an online purchase. The Website will not function correctly if these cookies are not stored.|
Analytical & Performance cookies.
These cookies allow us to collect information on how the Website is used by visitors, for example counting the number of visitors to a particular page or identifying if they get an error message. This helps us to improve the way the Website works. The cookies do not collect information to identify individual visitors and the information which is retained is anonymous.
|Cookie Name||Set By||Purpose|
|__utma __utmb __utmc __utmz||Google Analytics||We use Google Analytics to collect general statistics about website users – such as the number of visitors, most popular pages accessed, typical time spent on the site, broad geographic location of users, details of any errors experienced etc. In turn, this data is used by us to improve the website – e.g. to improve the site navigation or to create new content that is likely to be popular with visitors.|
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
|Cookie Name||Set By||Purpose|
|NID SNID khcookie testcookie PREF (etc)||Google Maps||This cookie is stored when you visit the ‘Contact Us’ page, which includes an embedded Google Map.|
|lsd reg_fb_gate locale datr reg_fb_ref wd (etc)||These cookies are stored when you visit pages that contain Facebook ‘Like’ or ‘Share’ buttons (i.e. most pages on this website) and/or when you decide to Like or Share a page by clicking on one of the buttons.|
|IDE DSID||DoubleClick||This cookie is used to target advertising based on what’s relevant to a user, to improve reporting on campaign performance, and to avoid showing ads the user has already seen.|
|mailchimp_landing_site||Mailchimp||This is set for the MailChimp as part of the WooCommerce plugin|
|uid ssh sshs ssc __atuvc (etc) acs clid vstcnt||AddThis
Media 6 Degrees
|AddThis provides some social media buttons that are included upon pages on this site. By default our website automatically prevents any cookies from being set by AddThis (and associated services) when you visit pages that contain these buttons. However, cookies may be set by AddThis and/or other services if you click on one of the AddThis buttons.|
|hide_cookies_message||The Restaurant Club||This cookie is stored to prevent the bottom right message about cookies from appearing again, once it has been viewed initially. The cookie is deleted automatically if you close your web browser, so the message will display again if the site is subsequently visited.|
You can fully or partially prevent cookies from being set up on your hard drive by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
How we Use The information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and to administer the Website including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors where it is necessary for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website;
- to the prospective seller or buyer, in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets.
- Any transferee, where The Restaurant Club Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any agreement we have with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Restaurant Club Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may amend this policy in the future. Where we amend the policy we will make this available on the Website and, where appropriate, notified to you directly of any substantial changes.